Monday, November 17, 2008

What's Your Story?

What's Your Story?



I asked, “What’s your problem?” –
and was met with a cold, hard stare
I said, “Come on, what’s your deal?”
The reply: “Yeah…like you care….”
Then I tried, “What’s your story?” –
and he opened up like a rose
And long before he was through,
I knew we all have one of those:

Everyone has a Story –
we all have a tale to tell
But you’ll never know what you’re missin’ –
if y’never learn to listen well
The Truth? Everyone IS a Story –
with countless Ups and Downs
Whose Paths may range
from Miles of Smiles,
to Silent Sobs & Frequent Frowns

When we share our stories,
we’re really sharing ourselves –
It makes no sense to hide your Treasure
on some darkened closet shelves
We Need to share – and, to show we care,
we need to Listen to Each Other…
It’s then we learn they’re Not Strangers:
She’s your Sister… He, your Brother –

So, don’t ever feel out of place,
all alone, and shy
I know, I know – “Easier said than done,”
but y’could, at least, give it a try
And I’m willing to bet, ‘fore it’s all over,
that you, too, will come to see
That They, Them and Those . . .
are not strangers, as you suppose
But part of a … part of Our . . .
Great Big – and growing – Happy Family



© 2006 - Tom A.B. Taylor (F421)





No comments: