Sunday, February 3, 2008

I’ve Never, Yet, Met a Really Smart Cow

© 1995 – Tom A.B. Taylor


I met my mom and dad a long, long time ago
They were quite intelligent…they had Me, y’know
I also met my sister, sharp then, and sharper now
But, I’ve never, yet, met a really smart cow

I’ve met birds that talk, I’ve heard dogs that sing
I’ve met disarming, charming snakes –
I’ve met a bathtub ring
I’ve met mules’n horses who can dance behind a plow
But, I’ve never, yet, met a really smart cow

I’ve Bluejays and Mocking Birds
Who dearly love to sing a song
I’ve met legal eagles most eager to right a wrong
I’ve met a preaching pig,
Who always loved to take a bow
But, I’ve never, yet, met a really smart cow

Cows don’t have the sense the good Lord gave a duck
They stand out in the rain’n walk around in th’ muck
Cows seldom read! They NEVER ask why or how –
THAT, y’see, has Got to be…why
I’ve never, yet, met a really smart cow

So, let this be a lesson you can learn from this Cow Tale –
If you’re gonna stand out in your field –
If you choose Not to fail
YOU NEED TO READ –
And find out “why?” and “how?”
Be All You Can Be – Please, don’t be a cow!!


© 1995 – Tom A.B. Taylor

No comments: